Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Annoying new cmoners

Go down 
+3
Ritual
EricJ
sebrushworth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sebrushworth
Blending adept
Blending adept
sebrushworth

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-04-27

Annoying new cmoners Empty
PostSubject: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyFri 12 May, 22:10

It seems to me like the CMON forums have really gone down hill. Is it just me or...? (with all that's been going on there I feel a need to rant)
Back to top Go down
EricJ
Blending master
Blending master
EricJ

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyFri 12 May, 22:52

STONGLY agree, I don't even want to open threads anymore over there, seems like there has been a huge number of new young members who have very very little say, but really like increasing their post count. And unfortunately a lot of other members have also fallen into this habbit as well.

Why I spend more time at wyrd forums and a few others as well, and very little at cmon anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyFri 12 May, 23:42

There have always been a bunch of members who happily start chattering whenever someone starts silly threads. That's nothing new. But I do agree that there's a fairly large number of annoying posters ATM. I visit the forums quite often, but I don't post as much as I used to.

Another reason for that is that I'm simply weary of going over the same things over and over. That goes for both general discussion-topics, like GW rants, and painting-related topics, like "which colours should I use for NMM gold". I have probably answered this particular question 10 times, and still it pops up once a month, at least. Forum search, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySat 13 May, 0:19

I don't see much of a difference to what it use to be. Smile It's so cyclic.. cmon. The same kind of threads, the same antithreads and the same "in the old days..." The difference is right now, like Peter said, a bit harsher tone. But I remember some threads way back that was pretty sour as well. I don't mind people padding their post-count. But people being rude and inconsiderate is more of an issue with me.
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySat 13 May, 18:04

Ritual wrote:
Another reason for that is that I'm simply weary of going over the same things over and over.
My feelings exactly. Actually, what annoys me the most isn't the fact that they resurect an old topic. It's that they don't use the old thread and create more hydras. Either they are too lazy to read and find the old threads, either they're falling into some intellectual masturbation catch 22 plot. Adding is fine, forgetting what has already be said gets at me geek.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySun 14 May, 22:19

... and the place is getting worse. Seriously, I think this week has seen more closed threads than the rest of the time I've been a member. It's not fun anymore! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySun 14 May, 22:22

Ritual wrote:
Seriously, I think this week has seen more closed threads than the rest of the time I've been a member.
Oh, has it? I've only been reading the art related threads lately Razz.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySun 14 May, 22:31

I'm beginning to think the only thing worth looking at is the Discuss Submission forum. I saw a great piece by Rune Kappel today, scratchbuilt. That sort of compensated for all the negativity in the General Discussion area.
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySun 14 May, 22:38

Yeah, his art piece was full of character and technically well executed. I can't help to think that a black background would have brought even more drama to the piece though Wink.
Back to top Go down
sebrushworth
Blending adept
Blending adept
sebrushworth

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptySun 14 May, 22:48

The general discussion forum feels like some kind of climax is being reached right now. The people who people are fed up with are being named and the place feels like a big battle ground right now. It will be interesting to see if it calms down and becomes more cordial after this explosion, or if things just continue to degenerate.
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyMon 15 May, 0:19

Yep definately very interesting to see what happens. A lot of namecalling and people teaming up against each other lately. Sad I wonder if I should try to write something.

I will be away from Internet the better part of this week becasue my fridge broke. I'm going to go to my parents place and hopefully get some writing and painting done.
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyMon 15 May, 0:22

Good look with the fridge and happy painting Wink. Best stay out of the arguments, things tend to fumble in such cases Wink.
Back to top Go down
Dragonsreach
Dry brusher
Dry brusher

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyMon 15 May, 19:35

Ritual wrote:
... and the place is getting worse. Seriously, I think this week has seen more closed threads than the rest of the time I've been a member. It's not fun anymore! Evil or Very Mad
Think of it from the point of view of a moderator.
Without naming names, it's the same old culprits commiting the same old crimes! And we get the blame for trying to moderate!

As you might gather I'm a little dissatisfied right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonsreach.org
sebrushworth
Blending adept
Blending adept
sebrushworth

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyMon 15 May, 19:54

I understand you completely Mike. I realise how difficult it must be to get things back on track without appearing overzealous. There are some old hacks that seem bent on annoying people, but they've been there all along, and they don't hijack the forums the way some of the newer people are doing. The crappy threads that are filling up the general discussion forum are mostly the creations of a small group of newish members who seem to have as their primary goal reaching "posting freak" status as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
stuart
Primer
Primer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyWed 4 Oct, 12:37

sorry to resurrect this, but this was my feeling too for a long time, it was part of the reason i disappeared from the site.

i have no interest posting there anymore. i enjoy browsing the pics and the news items but most of thepeople i need to talk to are on other forums too.
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners EmptyFri 6 Oct, 17:44

stuart wrote:
sorry to resurrect this
No worry Stuart Wink. Everyone here is a responsable adult (well at least I think that you people are Wink). So feel free to contribute as you feel Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying new cmoners   Annoying new cmoners Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoying new cmoners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: