Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coolmini and viruses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stuart
Primer
Primer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-10-04

Coolmini and viruses Empty
PostSubject: Coolmini and viruses   Coolmini and viruses EmptyMon 9 Oct, 10:35

I don't know if it's just me but yesterday and saturday whilst trying to get onto CMON, every time i tried to view a picture or article on the news page an advert would pop up.

i got hit by trojan and worm intrusions 3 times. being an AOL user this rather messes my computer up even though i have a virus protector.

its got to the point where i just cannot get on the site anymore, each time an ad comes up the virus protection goes into overdrive. i can't even see what the advert is for as by that time my internet connection starts to crash.

i know i'm not a member but i will never become one at this rate. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Coolmini and viruses   Coolmini and viruses EmptyTue 10 Oct, 2:02

Well as a member I just turn off the ads.

But.. I've never had the problem you described on any computer I've used (without being logged in). They might all have had pop-up blockers though.. not sure. Should I write something in the feedback/bugs forum for you? Chern is a lot more active these days.

It seems like the automated advertising thing is working really bad at the moment.
Back to top Go down
stuart
Primer
Primer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Coolmini and viruses   Coolmini and viruses EmptyTue 10 Oct, 10:47

yes please Sven. I alwas used to cruise the site without being logged in, just looking at the pictures and the odd thread. recently it has been really bad and some of the ads have nothing to do with the hobby at all.
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Coolmini and viruses   Coolmini and viruses EmptySat 14 Oct, 18:56

Sorry I forgot this thread.. Sad Several other threads have been started though... And Chern said that if we identify the ads that contain malware, he will remove them.

I have a sneaking suspicion though that the ads are exploiting some kind of weakness in the codes. I don't get many ads at all, even when I allow pop-ups.

If you clean your cookies and remove all spyware using adaware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/) Do you still get the same results?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolmini and viruses   Coolmini and viruses Empty

Back to top Go down

Coolmini and viruses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: