Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2006-04-27

Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyMon 15 Jan, 16:06

The contest will run from January 15th to February 25th.

Anybody planning on participating?

Valérie has one planned and I've got a few different conepts in mind but will probably only have time for one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyTue 16 Jan, 21:54

I've got three minis in various states of progress and I hope to get one more going. I am not sure I'll finish them all, but there will be something.
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyWed 17 Jan, 12:31

bounce

I think that under the influence of the Iron Painter, this contest should get even more top quality painters than usual. Should be promissing.

I'm halfway through painting my back-up mini. My main entry still needs some sculpting.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyWed 17 Jan, 21:05

On the Forum of Doom the competition has gained some interest and quite a few people claim to enter (if they finally do is another question, right, Eric? Wink). Yesterday I spotted Pouppe Canope being logged in on the Wyrd site. Perhaps he is thinking of entering? affraid Then, quite a few of the Wyrd regulars will probably enter too. Could be a good line-up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyWed 17 Jan, 22:55

I'll probably enter something... Smile I have one Amoy that is 99% finished + that I'm painting Sethin right now. But out of those two Amoy is of course the one I'd enter. I have yet another Hasslefree that I'm planning to paint up soon as well.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyWed 17 Jan, 23:36

I'm doing a Hasslefree concubine (not doing like... doing... ah, you know what I mean... Razz ) and it's soon done but I'm not sure how to base it. Then I have a female Grymn with a sniper rifle half done, also HF, and then I have cleaned up Gayle, more HF, and plan on doing her too (keep your mind out of the gutter, please... pirat ). I hope to get a Freebooter mini I've ordered soon so I'll be able to fix that one up too.

As you can see, I'll be quite happy if I have one entry done in time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 1:48

Yeah.. hm.. Freud anyone? Anders? Wink We all know what you're thinking while painting...

just messed up the freehand on my neatly blended cloaks on my Sethin.... ARGH!! I haven't used so much foul language in quite some time! Maybe I'll correct it tomorrow. Mad
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 2:02

Well, at least the grymn has plenty of armour and heavy boots... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 11:10

I've got some quick GW minis planned as backup minis but my main entry should be a diorama with the Rackham mini Ahsa Ruyar. Not too sure I'll get her done in time though Sad.

Valérie will be doing a scandalous HF mini ... look for bunnies Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 14:29

Ok.. I might have an entry for scandalous as well.. it depends how fast I'll be with it.

Bunnies? Very Happy

Hope you get the mini done in time!
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 20:54

I had to throw the grymn into my plans to have at least one potential entry that WON'T be scandalous... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 21:29

hehe... can't you paint see-through armour on her?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyThu 18 Jan, 22:11

I would have to paint a see-through sniper rifle too if she is to become scandalous! Razz
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyFri 9 Feb, 1:20

Some WIP :

*) Chaos Sorceress for Freebooter :
Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 ChaosSorceressWIP1Front
Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 ChaosSorceressWIP1Right
Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 ChaosSorceressWIP1Back
Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 ChaosSorceressWIP1Left

*) Pandora from Wyrd :
Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 PandoraWIP1Front
Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 PandoraWIP1Back
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyFri 9 Feb, 2:04

Cool! I love the little critter you sculpted for the freebooter chaos sorceress. Are you still going to attach the spirit thing coming out from her cloak?

Pandora looks nice! What are your plans for the woes?
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyFri 9 Feb, 9:27

Ritual wrote:
Cool! I love the little critter you sculpted for the freebooter chaos sorceress.
Thanks Smile. I crossed some references from the greek Pan and some sea creatures (sqid and hammerhead shark in Pirates of the Carabean II Wink).
Ritual wrote:
Are you still going to attach the spirit thing coming out from her cloak?
Yes. She and the little critter would be two faces of chaos : mischivism and seduction ... well, that's the plan Razz.
Ritual wrote:

Pandora looks nice! What are your plans for the woes?
I think I'll be going for the same effect as Eric (well, I'll try Wink) but in blue. Her eyes and hands should also get light effects. Finally, the freehand on her cloak is going to get touch ups.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyFri 9 Feb, 15:18

I look forward to seeing the final results! Very Happy I hope you'll be able to finish them in time for the competition. If not, focus on one of them!
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyFri 9 Feb, 16:11

My priority is the Wyrd minis Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptySat 10 Feb, 18:14

Nice ones cedric!

I'm doing a base for Amoy... she'll have a small street setting. Have a new GD idea that I will probably start with after I've done her.. that will evolve gangs, city, neonlights with painted light effect. Smile So this base I'm doing for her will be sort of a test...

I accidently melted my first GD conversion.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptySat 10 Feb, 18:54

Wow, how big is your GD entry going to be?
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyMon 12 Feb, 1:41

She's done but I'm not satisfied with the ghosts and the selection in Photoshop took forever even with this result :

Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 Pandora

Also the OSL is a bit more subtle in real life ... oh well, I've got other entries to catch up I hope.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyMon 12 Feb, 10:12

The paintjob looks great, Cédric, but you've got a serious halo effect when masking out the mini in Photoshop. That is quite distracting and makes you look more at that than the paintjob itself. Sad
Back to top Go down
EricJ
Blending master
Blending master
EricJ

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyMon 12 Feb, 10:15

I agree with anders, how are you making your selection to cut away? Also the edges look pretty harsh around your selection, I've found a feather of even .5 pixel makes a big difference!
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyMon 12 Feb, 10:56

I'll have to try that. I haven't uploaded it yet Wink.
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 EmptyMon 12 Feb, 12:40

If I can't get rid of the halo in any other way I usually go over the thing with the eraser tool and a small soft-edged brush setting and erase the halo manually. It takes time, but the pics turn out so much better. Especially when using a dark background...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007   Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale 2007
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: