Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2006-04-27

FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) Empty
PostSubject: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptySat 3 Feb, 18:17

Here's my entry for Wyrd's FF2. I tried out a new skin recipe and I quite like the way it came out.

FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) Concubine-1

There will be more views in my competition entry. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 5 Feb, 1:13

Nice Smile I like the new skintone.. especially cause it's a bit brownish wood-like somehow, that makes her harmonize with the surroundings.. makes her more than just a naked girl in the forest. The base is very fitting and just the right amount of details.
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 5 Feb, 15:51

I love the base and the paintjob is flawless. Maybe a bit of water would have inhanced the setting but it's a beautiful mini as is Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 5 Feb, 16:48

Funny you should say that about water, Cédric... That was my initial plan for the base... to have her standing at the very edge of a forest lake. But, my local hobby store was out of water effects and I didn't have the patience to wait or to order it online which would also mean waiting. So, I'm saving that for another mini! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 5 Feb, 17:07

It's the "classic" image of the forest water nymph. So not very original on my part, but I like the detail Wink.

Looking forward to your next scenic base then Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 5 Feb, 19:00

Yeah, they are going to get the water effects in some time soon... But I probably won't be doing any FF2 entry of it...
Back to top Go down
EricJ
Blending master
Blending master
EricJ

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 12 Feb, 18:34

that's really really nice work Anders, your painting is reminding me more and more of Ali McVeys, particularly your skin (that's a good thing Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) EmptyMon 12 Feb, 18:47

Thanks, Eric! Very Happy I actually looked a bit at how Ali does various colour shifts in her skin tones when I did this one. Glad it paid off! Very Happy (It will be even more evident in the rear view... Wink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)   FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine) Empty

Back to top Go down

FF2 entry - Forest Nymph (HF Concubine)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: