Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aldenyss WIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

Aldenyss WIP Empty
PostSubject: Aldenyss WIP   Aldenyss WIP EmptyFri 16 Feb, 14:09

Aldenyss WIP Wip3fh9

Aldenyss WIP Wip2di4

So any comments before I finish it?

I'm not happy with the NMM.. it's only good on the sword imo. The face was a little rough from the cast and I will try to fix the area around the mouth. The face WIP is an older picture, I have since lined the straps and NMM metal.

The parts I havent painted at all is the hair, the sword handle and the straps on the back. I will put some final highlights on the red plates as well. Only the one on his left leg is more or less finished
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2006-04-27

Aldenyss WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldenyss WIP   Aldenyss WIP EmptyFri 16 Feb, 15:15

You might want to work some more dark earth tones into the NMM, but it looks good (the front pic is the best Wink).

The base is great! What did you use for the icicles?

You might want to work some scratch marks into the red armor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2006-04-27

Aldenyss WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldenyss WIP   Aldenyss WIP EmptyFri 16 Feb, 15:15

Looking good Sven! Is the sword sheath painted (it looks unfinished)? The snow on the base looks good! What method did you use?

One thing about the sword... It looks really good, but does it go all the way to white on the under side of it? The way he holds it it seems that one side of the sword is angled so it faces the ground and should really the highlights there be that bright?
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

Aldenyss WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldenyss WIP   Aldenyss WIP EmptyFri 16 Feb, 17:56

Thanks!

Nmm: yes I've been thinking about doing some more browns. As for the brightness on the underside I thought that it would reflect snow and ground hence the white and brown parts of it. But I still wanted to keep the blue steel approach.

Do you think it needs scratches the red armour?

No, the scabbard is not painted! Smile Maybe if I add scratches to both the scabbard and some to the armour. maybe...

The base: Snow was done with a product that Sebastian bought that has both snow and glitter in sepparate containers. I then used PVA glue for semitransparent ice effects and over that Water effects to make it shiny. I added water effects to most of the snow as well to make it look like it's partly melted, frozen and then starting to melt again. The icicles was made with water effects doing layer upon layer as I didn't have any fishing wire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aldenyss WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldenyss WIP   Aldenyss WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldenyss WIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: