Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Orb signing in.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orb
Dry brusher
Dry brusher
Orb

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Orb signing in..... Empty
PostSubject: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyMon 19 Feb, 18:53

First off, thanks folks for the invite! Chuffed...... sunny
Seeing the member list, I think I've met 7 of you, which isn't bad at all.......

Name: Rob Herring
Date of Birth: 7th of January 1968
Place of Birth: Lowestoft, Suffolk, England
Other interesting things: Got a girlfriend, Clare, and our son Dylan, who's 9 years old. I live in Bedford in England now, not the best place but it's OK (and I can walk to work....10 minutes!!!)
Started painting: probably 1978 when I "saw the light" and realised what was possible after seeing the work of Francois Verlinden in a Tamiya catalogue
Sources of Inspiration: Verlinden followed by Shep Paine originally; Not much going on in the fantasy field back then. Nearly stopped the hobby until I saw Bill Horan's work in the late 1980's......and have been mainly involved in the historical miniature world ever since, but never taking my eye of Sci-Fi as I've been reading 2000AD comic for years and years....
These days, the WWW is too full of amazing works although I'm enjoying the 2D digital art world for ideas for possible futire scratchbuilds...

so there you have it!!!!
Back to top Go down
EricJ
Blending master
Blending master
EricJ

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyMon 19 Feb, 18:56

hi Rob! I think I was just simultaniously mentioning we needed to get you posting as you put this up. Welcome! Really enjoy your stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyMon 19 Feb, 18:59

Hi and welcome here, Rob! Nice to have you aboard... cheers

Feel free to share photos of stuff you're working on (even if they're supposed to be secret... we're not telling anyone! Wink)
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyMon 19 Feb, 19:01

Welcome aboard Rob!

When you have time, take a little look at this thread, you're much awaited for the event Wink : https://miniaturepainting.forumotion.com/Miniature-art-f1/Events-f2/Ravage-Mix-Open-2007-t66-0.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyTue 20 Feb, 15:45

Hey Welcome! Smile Hope I get to meet you this year as well on one convention or another.
Back to top Go down
Orb
Dry brusher
Dry brusher
Orb

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyTue 20 Feb, 15:57

Sven wrote:
Hey Welcome! Smile Hope I get to meet you this year as well on one convention or another.

Well it was great meeting you last year at GD......what we all need is a longer event than that, one that lasts a few days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyTue 20 Feb, 15:59

Orb wrote:
what we all need is a longer event than that, one that lasts a few days! Very Happy
Paris Open anyone Razz? 3 days of goodness Wink.
Back to top Go down
Orb
Dry brusher
Dry brusher
Orb

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyTue 20 Feb, 16:10

Three days in Paris? Sounds better than 6 hours at a convention centre outside Birmingham (3 of which were spent in hotel bar with Sven and Adrian Bay and a few others)

of course, the events around a world expo can go on for a week!!! but that's over a year away!
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... EmptyTue 20 Feb, 16:21

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as far as I remember. The minis can be brought on Saturday or Sunday morning (not sure, but it'll be in this year's rules).

Plus the Open takes place during a games convention so there will also be plenty of other things to see; and it's in Paris Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orb signing in.....   Orb signing in..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Orb signing in.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: