Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2006-04-27

Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) Empty
PostSubject: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 3:03

Here's a mini I've painted up for Crunch Waffle. It's sculpted by Gael Goumon and is a quite nice take on the stereotypical angel sculpt. It was fun to paint at first but a bit taxing towards the end (I'm thinking about the feathers and a lot of difficult-to-reach areas).

Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) Jihad-smaller

There's a few things I want to fix on it, but I think it looks quite OK anyway... But the hair is getting a makeover before I ship this one.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that this mini has not been revealed to the public yet... so keep this to yourself in the mean time! Smile
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 9:41

Paint-wise : excellent! Afterwards, I'm not to hot on the sculpt (the waiste and face are a bit strange even though the wings are great).

Is this for FF2?
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 9:59

No, I don't think so... It's a commission job for Crunch Waffle and I assume they will want to release this mini now and not wait another 2-3 weeks.

Yes, the face is not great. Even less so in real life. Either it's sloppy sculpting or poor casing but the area around her eyes (her left one in particular) is very strange and difficult to paint nicely. She also has a somewhat cleft upper lip... something I tried to hide as best I could by putting the brightest highlight in the "cleft".
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 13:55

Could be a mould issue. Rasputina's face seemed fine, so I'd be surprised if it came from Gaël, but who knows Razz?
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 14:28

Yeah, I think it's probably a mould issue too. Some of the feathers were a bit squashed and the sword is missing the pommel.

Anyway, I'm really happy with how the wings came out and also the shield and sword.
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 15:09

That is very very nice. I agree on all the highlights, the shield especially looks amazing. However with the sword.. maybe you could have done a closeup as I can see a ground reflection but it isn't very clear. Maybe you could have made it slightly larger.. I don't know. i think the relflection from the mini looks great though. Maybe you could make the tip of the sword slightly less bright. When the sword is angled like that the reflections tend to gather in one corner so to speak. Well just nitpicking! Great mini, don't like the head though but that's the sculpt!
Back to top Go down
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) EmptyTue 20 Feb, 17:10

@Sven
Yes, there's a ground reflection in the sword as well as a reflection from her tail. But, I prefer to have it hinted at and not so much "in your face". Wink

Thanks, and I'm glad you like the paintjob! It was a bit taxing, so I'm happy it came out well... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)   Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jihad, half angel-half demon (Crunch Waffle)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: