Miniature Painting Concept Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rackham AT-43..a WIP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2006-04-27

Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar, 9:36

I just noticed, you might want to highlight a wee bit more the upper part of the armor on the edges (shoulders and neck piece), but still looking great Wink!
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
EricJ
Blending master
Blending master
EricJ

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar, 10:39

green stuff wrote:
I just noticed, you might want to highlight a wee bit more the upper part of the armor on the edges (shoulders and neck piece), but still looking great Wink!

I agree, even though the armor is obviously painted to look dulled, you would still likely get some minor hotspots reflecting at the upper edges
Back to top Go down
Orb
Dry brusher
Dry brusher
Orb

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Apr, 22:46

Well.........this is him, possibly almost finished.....based up

Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 Final-Composite

Not perfect, but happy.

now.....awaiting that Tom Meier german to arrive; but in the meantime, a certain Manga Schoolgirl with a hamster gun arrived on my doorstep yesterday.........

oh, and i've just discovered a friend got hold of that new FW limited edition pilot figure. Nice
Back to top Go down
green stuff
NMM adept
green stuff

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Apr, 23:20

Looks really good Rob! Just one critic, maybe the gogles could use some extra reflexions.

Looking forward to the rest of the minis you're announcing Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/green%20stuff/orderby/Descen
Ritual
Blending master
Blending master
Ritual

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Apr, 11:15

Looks really good, Rob! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sven
NMM adept
Sven

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2006-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Apr, 18:48

Yeah love it Rob! I agree abuout the visors though, they could need something more as they are a very central focalpoint. Some very subtle red se-nmm might be cool as if the visors are reflecting the surrounding (even if it's not my favourite technique it can look quite cool on details) Otherwise some more sparkle another alternative is to do those 2 or 3 white lines that are often used in comics to reperesent reflective visors. Some do it on metals as well.. like bobby wongs. http://miniature-art.tripod.com/bloodquestsquad/id1.html

I don't think it will ruin the overall effect as your style is more "super-realistical" on this one IMO. More like realistical videogame depicting reality.
Back to top Go down
Orb
Dry brusher
Dry brusher
Orb

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Apr, 1:21

Cheers folks.......much appreciated.

mmmmm reflections.......I'm scared!!! but I think maybe you're right; Sven - I can almost picture the red SE-NMM thing you're talking about......a cityscape maybe........although a few mangaesque relections may be simpler.

Thanks for your thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rackham AT-43..a WIP   Rackham AT-43..a WIP - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rackham AT-43..a WIP
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Miniature Painting Concept Forum-
Jump to: